Viewing Topic: PAID Internship Opportunities
by Mary Relotto
Jill Herbst has sent you a message.
Subject: PAID Student Internship Opportunity with Clean Fuels Ohio
We are looking for some student interns for the summer and upcoming school year. This is a PAID position! The position description is below. Please forward to anyone you think may be interested. The deadline to apply is coming up fast: May 7. Thanks for helping us spread the word! ~ Jill
Paid Internship with Clean Fuels Ohio
Summer 2010 through 2010-11 Academic Year
Initial Deadline: Friday, May 7, 2010
Clean Fuels Ohio is seeking to hire one or two student interns. Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree-granting program. Positions will begin late spring/early summer 2010 and run through the end of Spring quarter of the 2010-11 academic year. Pay is $10/hour plus the opportunity to earn academic credit. Schedules are flexible. Depending on the number of candidates selected, positions may be 15 to 35 hours per week during the summer and 10 to 20 hours per week during the school year.
About Clean Fuels Ohio:
Clean Fuels Ohio is a statewide non-profit organization with headquarters on N. High Street, just north of the OSU campus. Our mission is to improve air quality and health, reduce U.S. dependence on imported petroleum, reduce climate change and support Ohio’s economy by deploying cleaner, domestic fuels, efficient vehicles and energy-saving transportation technologies. Clean Fuels Ohio is a designated “Clean Cities Coalition” by the U.S. Department of Energy. More information is available at www.CleanFuelsOhio.org.
Qualifications: Strong motivation to make a difference in the world, excellent written and verbal communication and outreach skills, web design and development skills, general high-level computer literacy, strong organizational skills, research skills, attention to detail, creativity, reliability, assertiveness and willingness to take initiative. Qualifications for each candidate selected will depend somewhat on the skills of both interns, if two are hired. This position is most applicable to upper level undergraduate students in Communications, Political Science, Natural Resources, City and Regional Planning, Agriculture or with strong interests in environmental and/or energy-related non-profit organizations. Candidates should have ability to pass drug screenings.
Responsibilities will include a mixture of the following:
1. Help organize seminars, conferences and other events, including producing materials, conducting outreach and promotion and helping with event logistics.
2. Conduct telephone, email and possibly personal outreach to prospective Clean Fuels Ohio members, vehicle fleet owners, media contacts and/or policy-makers, community organizations, fuel marketers, and others.
3. Support the organizational web site by performing regular updates, maintenance and basic design modifications. Programming skills a plus but not required.
4. Help produce E-newsletter, web site updates, “web 2.0” and other social media, other graphical content, various fact sheets and other materials.
5. Conduct policy and technology-related research.
6. Update, improve and coordinate databases including numerous fleet, government officials, industry, organizational and other contacts.
7. Perform some routine administrative tasks and support other staff work as needed.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume, email (preferred) .pdf or MS Word format, or US mail to Pete Johnsen, Clean Fuels Ohio, 3400 North High Street, Suite 430, Columbus, OH 43202, pete@CleanFuelsOhio.org
|There have been no replies to this message.|
Be the first by completing the form below.