Viewing Topic: JOB OPENING FOR DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT and Marketing
by Mary B. Relotto
Ohio House Rabbit Rescue
Position: Director of Development and Marketing
Organizational Overview: Ohio House Rabbit Rescue (OHRR) is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to build and operate a facility in Ohio that will provide a quality environment for rescued house rabbits, conduct a robust adoption program, and provide educational resources and programming about house rabbits and their care.
Position Summary: Full-time, exempt position
Has the responsibility for the overall fundraising and marketing of the organization
Reports directly to the Executive Director or the OHRR Board of Directors.
• Experience in proposal writing and knowledge of funding sources
• Demonstrated ability as a team player
• Experience in successful facilitation of groups to achieve stated goals
• Demonstrated planning, organizational, and communication skills both written and oral
• Demonstrated experience in producing marketing and communication products, and in managing communication processes
• Experience with layout and design & spreadsheet and database software
• Demonstrated experience in event planning
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to manage projects without close supervision
• Non-profit experience preferred
• Responsible for development efforts including soliciting corporate and private contributions, managing a capital campaign, developing promotional publications, and other fund-raising efforts.
• Identify grant opportunities, write grants, and perform other grant management tasks as directed.
• Coordinate external communication, marketing, and public relations for the organization including serving as OHRR spokesperson.
• Manage and edit OHRR's website and Facebook page and other social media as appropriate.
• Build the visibility of OHRR, including establishing diverse contacts with businesses, central Ohio animal care/rescue organizations, and other community agencies and organizations.
• Assist with special events.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Relevant education and/or professional experiences
• Minimum bachelor's degree required.
Salary and Benefits:
The OHRR Director of Development and Marketing position offers a salary range from $35,000 to $40,000 plus a limited benefits package.
To apply for this position:
• Click here to complete the on-line application
• Supply the following 2 items (specific directions are included at the end of the on-line application:
a) Resume (be sure to include salary history)
b) Response to the following question: "How does your experience align with the job posting?"
Application Deadline: March 5, 2012
|There have been no replies to this message.|
Be the first by completing the form below.