I would not go out without my
GPS navigating system these days. It is reassuring that I can find my way and have "Vera" (we named our GPS voice) guiding me on my path. Vera is constantly saying...'recalculating route' when I miss a turn. Sometimes my GPS even sounds a little irritated that I missed a turn or did not do follow directions. I know the irritation is only my imagination. Nonetheless, it is really helpful having my course mapped out. I always get there quicker and with less stress than without that tool.
Read on to learn how to add a GPS recruiting system to your mix ofmethods to build your direct selling team this fall.
A GPS recruiting strategy is what I refer to as "
Seeing". While the weather is warm (or hot) get out of your house and go people seeing to share the benefits of your business. Many of my direct selling coaching clients complain about how challenging it is to make phone calls to follow up with prospects. I say, change it up. Add a GPS tactic to your recruiting strategy. Use your navigator (MapQuest, or Google Maps) to steer you in the right direction.
While it seems like everyone is on vacation, realize that many people are not. According to a recent survey conducted byThe National Foundation for Credit Counseling, 64% have opted out of a vacation this summer citing that "They have no money for a vacation of any kind this summer."
To find out who is staying put this summer, take a survey at your parties:
1. Who is having a "staycation" (vacation at home) this summer? Ask them put an S in the top corner of the order form.
2. Who is willing to meet for coffee to learn more about a business opportunity and give us the chance to get to know them better? Ask them to put a C next to the S on their order form.
3. Of those who are willing to meet, please put M (morning), A (afternoon) and C (coffee) at the top and announce that you will either schedule them when they bring up the order form to your check out station or that you will call them within the next day or two.
Follow these simple navigation directions:
1. Identify your HOT recruiting prospects. These are people who you believe have a high interest and/or high need for your business opportunity. Start with the party guests who indicated the strongest desire on their order form.
2. Schedule your GPS days this month. Group your out of house appointments together and by the area. This makes it easier and efficient to organize several appointments for the same day.
3. Set one day per week for each targeted area. Week one go north, week two, go south etc.
4. Schedule multiple appointments along the way. Once you have set up your first appointment in an area, use Google Maps, Mapquest.com or your navigation system to identify other areas on route. Search your leads to determine who else lives in that area. Make an "I will be in your area on..." phone call or send an email.
5. Never travel alone. Think about whom you take with you for training? Not only is it more fun to have company when meeting leads, but also it is more efficient to train while you travel. This is a great way to maximize your time. A leader never walks alone.
By "Going People Seeing", you will be using the most effective way to recruit: Face-to-Face conversations. As you use your GPS recruiting system now, focus on those who are giving up their vacations this summer and offer them a way to earn extra money for a real vacation in the future.
Build a strong team to take you into the upcoming holiday selling season. Use your GPS to find new recruits now!
When you prospect in person, your pipeline never runs out of gas.
If you would like help in becoming a recruiting expert, join me for my next 4 week skill building program,Recruiting:Share Your G.I.F.T.S. & Grow. Register now.
Permission to reprint this article is granted with inclusion of "About the Author, contact information, & active web site link".
About The Author
Barb Girson, International Direct Selling Industry expert, trainer and coach, is a highly interactive, creative speaker & author offering professional skill development programs for workshops, leader retreats, and annual conventions & teleclass sales training programs. Custom programs /Coaching 1:1 available.
Barb Girson helps companies, teams & entrepreneurs gain confidence, get into action, & most importantly... grow sales. To sign up for her next FREE sales training teleclass / join her free email list & get 'Sales Strategies that Stick' ezine, Visit http://www.MySalesTactics.com to learn more.
Need a speaker for your next event?Contact Barb: 614.855.0446